Sports Beat “A night for the NBA have-nots”
The NBA Draft Lottery held last week at the Disney Studios in Times Square determined the order of selection in the 2013 NBA Draft scheduled for June 27 at the Barclays Center. The participants were all of the NBA clubs that did not qualify for the playoffs which meant that for the first time in years neither the Knicks or Nets were involved. Nevertheless there were a number Queens-related stories. Ernie Grunfeld, the greatest basketball player in Forest Hills High School history, was at the Lottery representing the Washington Wizards as its president. Ernie has the unique perspective of having been ...
And1 Relaunches Streetball Tour, Will Hold Tryouts In New York
Its Mixtape Tour spawned a generation of freelance hoops stars who loved the game but not the fully controlled nature of high school, or college or even the NBA, and led the way for the term streetball. Flashy nicknames, trash talking tees, and hip hop music all fell into a cultural revolution based on the hardwood. While streetball never really went away, its light certainly dimmed for a while. But now the brand synonymous with that genre is back, and it’s bringing its high flying and flashy tour with it. On Wednesday the AND1 apparel and sneaker brand, in conjunction with ...
Beat The Streets Gala, ‘Rumble on the Rails’ Raises Record $1.5 Million For NY Youth Wrestling
A landmark day of wrestling and international cooperation was capped by an historic evening of celebration and philanthropy on Wednesday as USA Wrestling and Beat The Streets Wrestling, Inc., a youth development organization that believes wrestling is the superlative tool for nurturing boys and girls into capable young men and women, teamed to raise a record of $1.5 million for the organization. It began with “The Rumble on the Rails,” a pair of dual meets featuring top squads from USA, Iran and Russia, powerhouses in the sport, held at Grand Central Terminal, followed by the annual Beat the Streets Awards ...
- Fairfield Announces Men’s Lacrosse Will Join Colonial Athletic Association
- Fourth Annual Dick McGuire Trot On Monday Night, July 1, At Empire City Casino At Yonkers Raceway Remembers Knicks/St.John’s Great
- Sports Beat “A night for the NBA have-nots”
- And1 Relaunches Streetball Tour, Will Hold Tryouts In New York
- Art Rooney Pace Remembers Steelers Founding Father At Yonkers Raceway June 1
- Beat The Streets Gala, ‘Rumble on the Rails’ Raises Record $1.5 Million For NY Youth Wrestling
- U.S. And Russian Lineups Announced For The Rumble On The Rails In Grand Central Terminal In New York City On May 15
- Last Jackie Robinson Glove Hits Auction May 1
- USA, Iran, Russia To Compete In Grand Central Terminal May 15 As Part Of Beat The Streets Gala
- Fordham To Celebrate Hall Of Fame Baseball Legends In Ceremonies On Sat., April 20